
That's pretty much what happened. I was excited to see the Difference Engine that the museum built for Babbage's 200th birthday. Since I wasn't in a hurry, I decided to stop at the Albert & Victoria Museum on the way to the tournament venue. They have a really cool Donatello sculpture of Judith killing Holofernes; I have now seen at least one piece of artwork by everyone with a ninja turtle named after them.I got to the County Hotel just fine, and signed up for a side draft which never happened. It was fun just hanging out with Liz and Simon, though. I wish I had known that the Legacy Grand Prix Trial was only going to draw 30 people, and most of them would play bad decks. I would definitely have tried my hand. When it became obvious that I would not have time to draft and still make the concert, I decided to walk down the block to the British Museum, which was awesome.
From there I caught the tube to the O2 Academy in Brixton. The concert was phenomenal. The Marseilles Figs were good. The King Blues (who I had never heard of and did not realize were playing) were outstanding. The Pogues blew my mind. It was like the whole crowd was starving for Shane MacGowan. I stood right in front of the stage, and when they played Body of an American, I thought I was going to get crushed by the sheer weight of thousands of people pressing forward. It was phenomenal. They pretty much followed the set list I found the other day, with the last six songs forming the two encores. It was an incredible show, and I have never seen or heard anything like it before.Pogue Mahone.

No comments:
Post a Comment